Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We All Live In A Yellow Submarine

I am here, in humidity-soaked Japan. What an experience the last four days have been. After I've finished reeling from the jetlag (no pun intended) maybe it'll sink in. Or maybe it won't sink in for days yet. I still kinda feel like I'm back in the States, even though in reality I am halfway across the world. 

Internet helps, I think. My predecessor was absolutely wonderful and lent me his modem until the 20th of August, around which time I'll hopefully be well on my way to getting my own. The apartment is quite lovely, as well. It's filled with odd little ends and crannies, and there are a couple of things I'll need before I can fully call it home, but it's very nice. I also visited one of my two schools today and meet my supervisor, principal, and all of the English teachers I'll be working with. Needless to say, it was nerve-wracking, and I'm glad to have it out of the way. 

Not even a week in, and I've checked two "Experience Japan!" items off my list: karoke (never again will I tackle you, Celine Dion) and this evening I went to my first revolving sushi place. It was... pretty interesting. Especially for 126 yen a plate!

3 comments:

Blitz Squirrel said...

Hooray for "Experience Japan" stuff!

I miss you. Life kinda blows without you around. :-p

John said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is melting.

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Justin said...

Perhaps you'd be more inclined to attempt Kylie Minogue next time?