Sunday, October 12, 2008

Flashing Green Button Miracles


To quote Bridget Jones, at times like this, eating the entire contents of one's fridge seems inevitable. Due to money and woe-begotten forgetfulness by me, most of my plans for the weekend fell through, which could be quite depressing, since it's once again a holiday weekend-a perfect excuse to ditch the previously mentioned RS like a blind date who expects you to split the check 50/50 even though they OBVIOUSLY had twice the amount of food you did.

I was recently inspired, however, by a thoughtful Tao of Pooh post, and decided I would try to focus on tiny miracles. And make a list!

1) I have managed to be on time for the train and bus every time for the last month and a half. I think. 

2) I have labeled trash cans, AND a nifty calendar so the neighbors never again have to call my city's school board to complain that I put the unburnables out on the wrong day across the street, instead of in front of the vending machine like is the obvious, if not at all labeled, place for it.

3) We're making pizza in the ninensai's English selection class on Tuesday.

4) I now have an adorable green sweater.

5) And purple boots! Yes; purple... boots.

6) Last of all... you ready for this one?

I HAVE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: