Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm Thankful for Students who do not set Fires

I post this, because it is almost American Thanksgiving, with turkey, gravy, depressing holiday specials (I’m kiddin, I love Charlie Brown), and all the trimmin’s.
It’s also time to say what we are thankful for in our lives. (Oxygen?) I decided I’d do a Japan-Work-Related thankful note. Ahem.

Today I had one class, and a little bit of a depressing class at that. I was glad to see two of the groups were into the review game, and one group decided later on it’d try its hand and hope 3rd place got something (umm no, try participating from the beginning and then we’ll talk), but like most days at sFF, I wonder if I’m getting any traction at all.
Then I hear stories from other JETs, just random little tidbits thrown out onto the Internet, and it makes me thankful that I ended up with a pretty darn good batch of kids. Little angels? No… more like hormone-infused teenagers who seem to love you one second and then despise the very ground you walk on the next. When placed in the bigger spectrum, though… well Bad President, Above It Boy, Shortman… I’m grateful for you.
… But if you turn into little punks, I withhold the right to strip you of my divine American blessing.

Happy Thanksgiving!
* Note: I am not thankful for fax machines at convenience stores.

No comments: