Saturday, May 24, 2008

Oh the Places You'll Go

I am very grateful to be part of my particular consulate. Other JETs out of the consulate have set up Facebook groups for prefectures and areas. Even better, our consulate liaison has suggested a wonderful book set called "Lonely Planet."

Wandering the bookstore today, I picked up both the Guide to Japan as a whole by Lonely Planet, and the Tokyo Guide, both of which I think I'll find very useful, especially since I want to do a lot of traveling.

I would like to visit Tokyo twice in the next 12 months. The 2nd time will probably be just to soak in the environment (after playing "The World Ends With You," I'm especially excited to check out Shibuya (しぶや), though I'll need to be far more trendy before I do) but the 1st time will be for the annual Tokyo Game Show, sometime in early October.

I tell ya, I'm starting to get pretty excited about all the places there are to explore, even just within Kagawa (かがわ). Terrified, too, of course.... but also excited.

1 comment:

John said...

You should check out the movie "Udon" before you leave.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780167/

1) It's set in Kagawa.
2) It's a pretty cool movie.
3) It'll make you hungry.

Congrats on the placement!