Thursday, May 8, 2008

We're Only Human...: Plumbling the Mediocre Mind

We're Only Human...: Plumbling the Mediocre Mind

Speaking of letting your mind wander when you should be working... Well, honestly, I feel as if I should always be working. Last night at BB Class, one of my fellow half-blacks commented how she had done nothing for the last hour, and felt eaten up with guilt and anger over it because it IS the week before finals, and she has much to do. But honestly-what's an hour or so of rest? Every year it seems to get worse; this barely-controlled terror that I should be working more, thinking more, doing more. But how much more can I do without exploding? Could I ever get into Yale like some friends? Could I ever learn Japanese just by watching a ridiculous amount of anime? Can I ever stop feeling like a failure because I am, by all intensive purposes, middle of the road, humdrum average?

No comments: