Friday, April 4, 2008

This Is Your Brain on Romance


I just don't travel in the right circles, apparently. I know that, say, heroin is an addiction. Are there blogs dedicated to overdosing? Blogs dedicated to the ridiculous things people make up when high on heroin? There might be, of course... I just know of none.


But there are certainly blogs dedicated to that most ridiculous addiction of all... falling in love. I don't mean that "we've been together 6 years and are going strong" kind of love. I mean that giddy, blind, angels-choir kind of love, where you can imagine the other person to be whatever you wish. The kind of love you inadvertently screw up because of those flights of fancy. For instance, stepping over a line that makes you appear the bigger jerk and creates the *headdesk* sensation.


Perhaps that is the answer to who you really belong with. Whichever person you can survive that "blind" bit of love with certainly seems a catch.

No comments: